Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Eyes with a Little Colour

Hello everyone!

Recently I've done a bit of shopping (and prize winning) so I have lots of goodies to share with you soon. I haven't had a chance to test everything yet, but stay tuned!

One of the things I purchased recently was NYX Mechanical eye pencil in Aqua Green



After reading Nikki's post about her neutral eye with a pop, I was inspired.

I've been wanting to try a colorful look for a while, but wasn't sure how. I also didn't own anything colorful. So when I went to target I found this great green liner and knew exactly what I wanted to use it for.

I used a shimmery champange taupe color over my whole lid and then a subtle sweep of a chocolate brown eyeshadow in the crease. Then finished that with a little black eyeliner on the top lashes.


Then for the color! I used a Yaby eyeshadow and Jaded (from an Ipsy box), wet, and swept it just above the black eyeliner on the upper lashline, from about halfway to the outer corner of the eye. Then I used the NYX pencil to line the bottom lashline almost all the way to the inner corner of the eye. I could have used just the NYX pencil or just the eyeshadow, but I kind wanted to use both! I used Rimmel Scandalize shadow stick in bulletproof beige


Then I finished the look with two coats of MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash black mascara!

On the rest of my face I am wearing Vichy ProEven BB Cream and Covergirl&Olay concealer.

Do you wear more color in the spring/summer? 





No comments:

Post a Comment