Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fave Lip Balms

Hello Everyone!

I enjoyed this snowy day at a Starbucks with a nice dose of caffeine. Admiring the snowfall from behind the warm comforts of large windows overlooking the street.

However when you actually go outside in the winter (which I do, I promise) it can be have less than pleasant effects on your skin, hair, and especially your lips. Well at least that is what it is like for me.

Keep reading for my fave lip care products.


I don't know about all of you, but for me, I get super dry, chapped lips in the winter (too much info?) and find that I am constantly having to apply lip balm to keep them even slightly moisturized. And not to mentioned that dry lips make any sort of lip color look terrible.

One of my recent favourite products has been Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. I received this adorable little package from Sephora as my birthday gift for being a Beauty Insider (basically you just need to shop there and register online to get this status).


I had seen and heard about these lip treatments before and always wanted to try them, so I was super excited when I got these. It came with two mini lip treatments, the Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 and the Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15.

And I have to say that I absolutely LOVE these. The regular lip treatment was fantastic and I used up my sample size in just under a month. I still have a little bit of the rose tinted treatment left and I love it just as much. It leaves just a very subtle tint on your lips and moisturizes for what seems like forever. At first I was a bit worried because it looked so red in the tube (can you call that a tube?) but its just the slightest hint of color and I love it.

I'm sad that my samples are almost gone, but I'm thinking about going out to purchase one. I know they are a little on the expensive side but I have tried it and loved it and think that the quality of the product is definitely worth the price. I am excited to try out some of their other tints. I have my eye on the Berry one!

Nivea Pure & Natural Milk & Noney
source
225_NLC_CS_HydroCare_png
source

A long time staple for me has been Nivea lip balms. I've tried so many of these but right now I am really loving the  Pure and Natural Milk and Honey and the Hydro Care. The hydro care one is so moisturizing and amazing for anytime. So is the milk and honey one actually, but I find it to be a little firmer, which is great for under a lip color. Either way both of these are amazing. I do like the others ones too (I've tried most of them) but like I said, loving those two. My sister swears by their (original, as far as I know?) Essential Lip Care, it's the only kind she uses.

Hope you are all enjoying the snow (if you have snow)!


No comments:

Post a Comment